an economic analysis carried out for Our Forests confirms that both the Public Forest Estate and the Forestry Commission represent excellent value for public money.
a people’s vision for the future of England’s public woods and forests
* Please find all press releases, comment and publications from Our Forests at the bottom of this page.
Hen has joined forces with some of the biggest names in environmental campaigning & forestry, to form a new ginger group ‘Our Forests’
Our Forests is a collective initiative, an informal group of individuals with a shared set of core principles. One of which is the firm belief that the voice is heard of the over 530, 000 people that forced the momentous government u-turn.
Each member of Our Forests has been an important part of the Save Our Forests campaign since the outset. The group is made up of a diverse mix of backgrounds, from the former director of Friends of the Earth to a free-miner from the Forest of Dean. In alphabetical order:
- Hen Anderson (Co-founder ‘Save Our Woods’, who also runs a smallholding and woodland on Exmoor)
- Richard Daniels (Chair of the grassroots campaigning group Hands off our Forest (HOOF) in the Forest of Dean)
- Dr Gabriel Hemery (chartered forester, co–founder and Chief Executive, the Sylva Foundation);
- Tony Juniper (independent environmental advisor, campaigner, writer and former Director of Friends of the Earth);
- Rod Leslie (former Chief Executive, Forest Enterprise);
- Robin Maynard (environmental campaign consultant);
- Jonathon Porritt (Founder Director Forum for the Future and former Chair of UK Sustainable Development Commission).
Our Forests offers a full and very interesting summary of the Forestry Commission’s 2009 public consultation on the long term role of the Forestry Commission Public Forest Estate (PFE).
A consultation that already outlines the public’s vision for our woodlands and forests!
Our Forests – A summary of evidence from the 2009 FC Public Consultation